Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to over 30,000 companies, ranging from one employee to thousands across various product lines, including Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. JG is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and was named one of Manitoba’s Top Employers. We support a positive work atmosphere where we value the diversity in the people we serve and are looking for talent who will contribute to our diverse and inclusive workplace; where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. JG believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations.
As part of the Technical Services team, the Systems Administrator role is primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of all desktop, server and networking infrastructure. Working with other team members and adhering to best practices, this role will help ensure all aspects of Johnston Group’s infrastructure continue to perform to company standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to all end-users of Johnston Group’s computing hardware and software. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining, updating and making recommendations regarding computer-based security issues, performing or assisting with end-user training, solutions-based troubleshooting for end-users, and infrastructure support including scheduled on-call and emergency response.
- Certificate or degree in any of the following or related programs is required:
- Network Services Technician, Business Information Technology, Computer Science, or Applied Computer Science
- Five or more years of experience with the following:
- Managing corporate firewalls and VPN connections, corporate networks, VMWare
- Administering Windows server 2016 and higher
- Three or more years of experience with the following:
- Supporting Windows 10 desktops, providing customer service
- Administering Microsoft WSUS or SCCM servers
- Experience in the following areas/products is considered an asset:
- Palo Alto Firewalls, Linux (Ubuntu preferred), Cisco Unified Communications, Office 365
- Corporate AV Management, Mail relay servers (Postfix preferred)
- DR environment management, AWS cloud infrastructure
- IBM I, Web Application Firewalls, Cyber security
JG welcomes the opportunity to provide accommodation throughout the selection process. Please contact us to discuss your requirements by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204-774-6677, ext 295.