Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $600 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
CINUP brings Indigenous communities together as one collective force to achieve marketplace power, enhancing employee benefits, services and stability. With a reputation for providing superior levels of service and education, paired with unique benefit solutions, CINUP has been a trusted name in Indigenous communities for over three decades.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to underwrite, review, analyze and interpret financial information to prepare new business quotations; review and assess historical claims experience to prepare financial reports for renewals; and handle inquiries, amendments, and rate negotiations in a timely manner. You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external contacts.
An important responsibility of this role will be to complete the annual renewal of the CINUP block, including negotiations with the insurer, and building support tools and resources. This will involve working extensively with internal staff and external advisors. Limited travel is required for this role.
- A minimum of 10‐15 years’ experience in group insurance, with at least 10 years in underwriting
- Extensive knowledge of all funding arrangements for group insurance plans and contracts/policy review
- University degree or diploma in business administration or mathematics (or equivalent)
- CEBS courses would be considered an asset
- Ability to analyze data and apply it in practice
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective organizational and document management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem‐solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to email@example.com.