Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $600 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
As the successful candidate, you will develop, maintain and support enterprise web applications as part of a dynamic, fast moving agile team. Using a variety of modern technologies and tools, developers at Johnston Group work up and down the full stack to deliver performant and scalable web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Develop, test, implement and support web and mobile applications according to business requirements.
- Assist business units with technical issues relating to enterprise software applications
- Work with managers, developers, business analysts and business units to meet project specifications and quality standards
- Perform maintenance on legacy applications, as required
- Write high-quality code that follows industry best practices and conforms to project architecture and standards
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or related program is required
- Experience with SQL, Angular, Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms, .NET Core, WCF, Java, and Entity Framework or another ORM will all be considered assets
- Strong communication and active listening skills
- Ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.