Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $500 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
This role is responsible for the intake process, preparation and tracking of all disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment and critical illness claims. As the successful candidate, you will ensure accurate and timely communication with plan sponsors and claimants as required.
As part of the Maximum Benefit Team, you will log and prepare new claims, calculate and process benefit payments for self-funded (ASO) short term disability plans and communicate with business partners to facilitate and document the claim submission process.
You will effectively handle life and disability claims by providing appropriate information to Maximum Benefit Administration throughout the life of a disability claim to ensure member coverage is properly maintained and premium is billed correctly. In addition, you will provide superior customer service to our plan members, plan sponsors and insurers by answering their inquiries either by phone or email.
- Priority will be given to those with prior experience working with group benefits
- Effective and well developed organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are crucial
- Ability to handle high volume and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a strong focus on customer service
- Effective problem solving, analytical and mathematical skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Proficient using MS Office
- Strong team player; also able to work independently
- Ability to communicate fluently in French and English (oral and written) is considered an asset
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an opportunity to join our fast growing company and participate in its future, please send your résumé in English and in French.