Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $600 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, this is an ideal position for someone with exemplary customer service skills who is looking to expand and grow the breadth of their payroll knowledge; recruitment and selection skills; and training. To be successful, you’ll need to enjoy working in a busy team environment, be flexible and provide innovative ideas for our payroll and service delivery.
You will be responsible for the preparation and processing of semi-monthly payroll for over 250 employees, as well as T4s, ROEs, and various payroll reports. You will be responsible for maintaining personnel records; tracking new-hire information and metrics on recruitment; demographics; hiring and attrition; short term disability situations; vacations and absenteeism. You will conduct recruitment for various positions, prepare new hire packages, manage our employee orientation/onboarding program and assist with training.
- Bachelor Degree or Human Resources Certificate
- 2+ years of generalist experience with full-cycle payroll experience
- Strong understanding of general human resource policies and procedures
- Solid knowledge of Manitoba Employment Standards Act
- Excellent listening, organizational, multitasking and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience using Payworks software is considered an asset
- CPHR, or working towards your CPHR, is considered an asset
- PCP, or working towards your PCP, is considered an asset
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to email@example.com.