Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $600 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
The successful candidates will be responsible for responding to all incoming telephone inquiries from our customers regarding plan information, coverage, status, and eligibility for disability, dental and extended health care claims. Since this is the first point of contact for our customers, it is critical all calls are responded to with high levels of customer service and in the most professional manner possible. Only those candidates who have a true passion for delivering superior customer service should apply.
- Minimum two years’ customer service experience (inbound contact centre, retail or restaurant)
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong active listening skills
- Ability to multitask and navigate multiple computer programs at the same time while speaking on the phone
- Ability to act with professionalism with customers in confrontational or sensitive situations
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to deal with complex inquiries and independently make decisions to solve concerns for our customers
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills to maintain exceptional levels of service to our customers
- Ability to stay composed and organized in a fast paced, high call-volume environment
- Previous experience with group benefit plan administration and claims is considered an asset
- Strong team player; ability to work independently as well
- Experience working with group insurance is considered an asset
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.