Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $600 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of group insurance products and the advantages of Administrative Services Only self-funded benefits. The Business Development Director appreciates the value of working with a Third-Party Administrator for both the advisor and their client. You will oversee our advisor network throughout Quebec and provide leadership toward corporate goals as a representative of our head office. You will continuously develop strong partnerships with brokers/advisors to market our services and to support relationships with businesses.
Based in Quebec, this role requires travel throughout the province, with occasional travel to Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Must be Life, Accident & Sickness licensed or willing to get licensed within six months
- Ability to communicate fluently in French and English (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be self-motivated and energetic
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Effective time-management and strong multi-tasking skills, with ability to provide timely administrative reports
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong MS Office, Excel and Power Point skills
- Three to five years’ experience working with group insurance benefits is preferred
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to email@example.com.