Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $600 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
This role serves as a vital link between our business objectives and the Information Technology (IT) capabilities within our organization. As a part of the IT team, you will work with various systems and business units to investigate, analyze, document, and communicate the requirements for each business case. You will be involved in the definition of the project scope, testing and acceptance, implementation, training and review. Throughout the process you will report on project status to all stakeholders and
manage any issues that arise.
- A degree or diploma in Business Analysis or related program
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Business Analysis in an insurance environment
- Experience using Business Analysis methodologies and various tools, such as UML diagrams
- Strong understanding of database, SQL, and systems development concepts
- Ability to organize several projects, analyze problems and/or requirements, and translate this information into technical specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with employees with various business backgrounds and skill sets within the organization
- Ability to evaluate and test all software development, enhancements and fixes to ensure project requirements and specifications are met
- Ability to write, maintain and execute test plans and scripts to ensure feature and/or product testing
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to email@example.com.