Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $500 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
As part of our experienced Underwriting team, you will be involved in the underwriting and preparation of new business quotations and renewals, as well as handling inquiries, amendments and rate negotiations. You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external contacts. This will require you to review, analyze and interpret financial information to prepare new business quotations; review and assess historical claims experience to prepare financial reports for renewals; and handle inquiries and amendments in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French (oral and written)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a group benefits underwriting role
- Extensive knowledge in the pricing of both manual and experience rated benefits
- Thorough understanding of all financial arrangements including non-refund, ASO and retention accounting
- Extensive knowledge of group insurance products
- Effective problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Capable of handling multiple tasks effectively while meeting deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an opportunity to join our fast growing company and participate in its future, please send your résumé in English and in French.