Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $500 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
You will be involved in developing, testing, implementing and maintaining enterprise software applications and will provide support for these applications.
Your duties will include working with managers, the development team, quality assurance analysts and business units on project specifications, quality issues and standards. You will also be responsible for preparing technical documentation and supporting technical architecture decisions and enhancements.
In addition, you will recommend software enhancements and assist business units by providing support for enterprise software applications.
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or related program
- Minimum of five years of application development experience is required in:
- IBM I /AS 400
- DB2 and RPGLE
- Windows development and application modernization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in web development, object orientated programming, Rational Developer for Power , Visual Studio, Git and/or Jira would be considered assets
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to email@example.com.