Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to over 30,000 companies, ranging from one employee to thousands across various product lines, including Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. JG is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and was named one of Manitoba’s Top Employers. We support a positive work atmosphere where we value the diversity in the people we serve and are looking for talent who will contribute to our diverse and inclusive workplace; where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. JG believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations.
As part of our experienced Underwriting team, you will review, analyze and interpret financial information to prepare new business quotations; review and assess historical claims experience to prepare financial reports for renewals; and handle inquiries, amendments and rate negotiations in a timely manner. You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external contacts throughout this process.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French (oral and written) is required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a group benefits underwriting role
- University degree or diploma in Business Administration or Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Extensive knowledge in the pricing of both manual and experience rated benefits
- Thorough understanding of all financial arrangements including non-refund, ASO and retention accounting
- Extensive knowledge of group insurance products
- Effective problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Capable of handling multiple tasks effectively while meeting deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Completion of GBA/CEBS courses would be considered an asset
At Johnston Group we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available depending on the role requirements and individual needs. These can be discussed during the selection process.
JG welcomes the opportunity to provide accommodation throughout the selection process. Please contact us to discuss your requirements by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204-774-6677, ext 295.