Johnston Group provides benefit services to more than 30,000 businesses and their employees across Canada. With $500 million in premiums under our administration, and over thirty years of experience, our strength lies within our administrative capabilities. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, our staff of 250…
Employee benefit specialists
One of Canada’s Leading Third Party Administrators
Johnston Group is a ‘third party administrator’, a company that specializes in group benefit programs. The concept behind a Third Party Administrator (TPA) is that an insurance company cannot be all things to all people.
With a shared belief in integrity and professional conduct, the Third Party Administrators’ Association of Canada’s mission is to not only improve communication among industry participants, their customers and consumers, but more importantly to establish guidelines and a code of professional conduct for our industry to protect the trust organizations place in us.
As a TPA, we perform many of the tasks typically carried out by the insurer. These include:
- Plan design and administration
- Billings and customer service
- Insured and Self-funded program options
- Access to pay-direct prescription drug cards
- Online administration utilities
Our programs are cost effective, comprehensive and flexible and put companies back in charge of their employee benefit plans.
Employers choosing benefit solutions with Johnston Group also enjoy the benefits of using a third party administrator:
- One enrolment and one billing of all insured benefits
- The ability to change insurance carriers without re‑enrolment
- Access to ancillary products and services, such as Best Doctors® services, group RRSP plans, or optional insurance programs
- Customized employee booklets
- Fast, efficient health, dental and short term disability claim adjudication and payment
- Control over your employee benefit program
Johnston Group is proud to have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies every year since 2001. The country’s leading business awards program, sponsored by Deloitte, CIBC Commercial Banking, National Post, and Queen’s School of Business, recognizes excellence in privately-owned and managed Canadian companies.