Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to over 30,000 companies, ranging from one employee to thousands across various product lines, including Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. JG is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and was named one of Manitoba’s Top Employers. We support a positive work atmosphere where we value the diversity in the people we serve and are looking for talent who will contribute to our diverse and inclusive workplace; where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. JG believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations.
As the successful candidate, you will develop, maintain and support enterprise web applications as part of a dynamic, fast moving agile team. Using a variety of modern technologies and tools, developers at Johnston Group work up and down the full stack to deliver performant and scalable web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Develop, test, implement and support web and mobile applications according to business requirements.
- Assist business units with technical issues relating to enterprise software applications
- Work with managers, developers, business analysts and business units to meet project specifications and quality standards
- Perform maintenance on legacy applications, as required
- Write high-quality code that follows industry best practices and conforms to project architecture and standards
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or related program is required
- Experience with SQL, Angular, Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms, .NET Core, WCF, Java, and Entity Framework or another ORM will all be considered assets
- Strong communication and active listening skills
- Ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
JG welcomes the opportunity to provide accommodation throughout the selection process. Please contact us to discuss your requirements by email at email@example.com or by phone at 204-774-6677, ext 295.