Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to companies from one employee to 10,000 or more. We administer $600 million in premiums across our various product lines including the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. We are a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having held the Best Managed distinction every year since 2001. Headquartered in Winnipeg, MB, Johnston Group believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations. Over 30,000 Canadian businesses trust Johnston Group for their employee benefit needs.
As the successful candidate, you will prepare quotes, support renewal preparation, complete analysis and distribute experience reports. You will work closely with advisors providing support, education and group implementation.
An important element of this role is to provide communication to advisors on CINUP benefit changes, including acting as a liaison between advisors and CINUP as required. You will also prepare professional, concise, and accurate reports, as well as marketing packages and presentations for advisors. In addition, you will review, analyze and interpret financial information, including the assessment of historical claims experience and rate history.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in group insurance underwriting
- University degree or diploma in Business Administration or Mathematics (or equivalent)
- CEBS courses would be considered an asset
- Ability to analyze data and apply it in practice
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective organizational and document management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process may email a request to email@example.com.