Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to over 30,000 companies, ranging from one employee to thousands across various product lines, including Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. JG is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and was named one of Manitoba’s Top Employers. We support a positive work atmosphere where we value the diversity in the people we serve and are looking for talent who will contribute to our diverse and inclusive workplace; where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. JG believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations.
The successful candidate will design the user experience and user interface for a variety of software applications that support the business functions of Johnston Group. Team members in this role ensure each user and device type is considered, industry-best design and accessibility practices are followed, and software applications are well-designed, pleasing to the eye, and user-friendly.
You will liaise between the marketing and software development teams and actively participate in the software development lifecycle, providing feedback to our software development team. You will also translate concepts into deliverables; wireframes, sketches and mock ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces. You will make strategic design and user experience decisions related to existing and new functions and features.
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design, a related program, or equivalent experience
- Robust portfolio of digital product design (websites, business applications, mobile apps, etc.)
- Minimum two years of professional experience designing business applications
- Minimum two years of professional experience designing customer-facing web applications
- Expertise with common design and mocking tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools like inVision, Sketch, etc.
- Experience with common web design frameworks such as Bootstrap or Angular
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate with managers, teammates and business stakeholders
- Ability to change course quickly, accept feedback and incorporate feedback while making revisions
JG welcomes the opportunity to provide accommodation throughout the selection process. Please contact us to discuss your requirements by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204-774-6677, ext 295.