Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to over 30,000 companies, ranging from one employee to thousands across various product lines, including Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s largest business program. JG is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and was named one of Manitoba’s Top Employers. We support a positive work atmosphere where we value the diversity in the people we serve and are looking for talent who will contribute to our diverse and inclusive workplace; where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. JG believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for processing accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, remittance of premiums and taxes, as well as preparing reports.
You will work as part of the Finance team to prepare daily deposits, collect and apply premiums, and receive and verify invoice reconciliation. In addition, you will assist in the preparation of financial reports to stakeholders.
- Accounts payable experience including invoice processing, vendor maintenance, purchase orders, and payment processing
- Accounts receivable experience including invoice processing, deposit preparation, and customer maintenance
- Reconciliations such as A/P, A/R to subledgers
- Intermediate MS Excel and Word skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Bilingualism (written and spoken English/French) would be considered an asset
JG welcomes the opportunity to provide accommodation throughout the selection process. Please contact us to discuss your requirements by email at email@example.com or by phone at 204-774-6677, ext 295.